Working with project files
- Prysm for web users
- Prysm for desktop users
- Prysm for rooms users
- Prysm for iPhone users
You can easily add files to a Prysm project. When you add a file to a project, you can view it on a workspace without changing the original format.
- From Prysm for web or desktop,
- Use File Explorer to navigate to the files, including documents, images, or videos, that you want to add to the project. For specific file type information, see Working with project files.
- Select and drag those files to the Files pane or directly onto a workspace.
Even when dragged directly to a workspace, the files are also added to the list of project files. They can be added to other workspaces from the Files pane.
Optionally, from the Navigation Menu, select Files > Upload Files to add files to the project without adding them to a workspace.Tip: In Prysm for desktop, another option for adding project files is to download them from the Prysm browser. For full details, see Downloading files from the Prysm browser.
- From Prysm for rooms,
- Use the Touch Menu to select Project Files > + to view local and shared file storage locations. The local and shared drives available from a Prysm-enabled display depend on the options configured by the Prysm administrator. See Connecting File Storage Accounts to Prysm.
- Select a local or shared drive and navigate to the directory containing the documents, images, or videos, that you want to add to the project. For specific file type information, see Working with project files.
- Select Import to import the file to the list of project files.
- To add the file to the Workspace, select the filename from the Project Files list and select Add.
- Access the list of project files by selecting Files from the navigation or touch menu.
- Add files to workspaces as follows:
- From Prysm for web or desktop, drag files to the workspace and position as desired, or double-click to immediately add files to workspaces in the default position.
- From Prysm for rooms, select the file from the project files list, and click Add to add the file to the workspace.
- To edit, download, or delete project files,
- To page through multipage documents, select the document and tap the paging controls to turn pages, or tap and hold, then drag the page.
- To play videos, select the video to display play, pause, mute, fast forward, or rewind controls. Tap the gear to display settings including autoplay, autohide, and autoloop.
Autoplay means the video plays automatically when you enter the workspace. Autohide means the video control bar is hidden after a few seconds of inactivity. Autoloop means the video plays continuously and restarts when it reaches the end.
By default, videos do not play automatically; the control bar is hidden when videos are played; and the videos do not autoloop. To change these default settings, ask your Prysm administrator to edit the Controls settings using Admin Portal.
- Select the file for side menu tools including Annotate, Share, and Snapshot. On Prysm for web or desktop, select Preview to enlarge the file on your display.Snapshots).